The American Chamber of Commerce in the People's Republic of China is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose membership comprises more than 3,300 individuals from 900 companies operating across China. The chamber's nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, information, networking and business support services. AmCham China is the only officially recognized chamber of commerce representing American business in mainland China. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang and Wuhan, AmCham China has more than 50 working groups, and holds more than 250 events each year.
Coordinator of GA provides general support for Chamber's Government Affairs Department and assists with events and activities.
Working location and time
Beijing, 9:00-17:30, Monday- Friday
Duties and responsibilities
* Provide support to the GA (Government Affairs) Director in overall government outreach and advocacy efforts of AmCham China on specific projects and assignments;
* Proofreading AmCham Annual White Paper chapters and set White Paper follow-up meetings with both central and provincial government agencies;
* Provide support to AmCham Annual Seminar and Appreciation Reception;
* Coordinate, prepare, and participate in AmCham Business and Investment Outreach trips and other government related events;
* Arrange meetings and events with both central and provincial government;
* Coordinate and support the routine work of the Work Safety Committee;
* Support policy analysts with research when necessary;
* Assist GA Director and GA manager on team building activities, provide guidance to new staff.
* Chinese national, preferably with previous experience in working with the Chinese Government agencies
* College degree, business major background is preferred, but not required
* Excellent Chinese and English writing skills; strong research skill is a plus
* Fluent in oral English
* Domestic traveling required
* Strong communications and coordination skills, and a team player
* Hard working and strong business ethics